The New Student Orientation provides an introduction to college life and includes the following topics:
- Information on the steps you must take to become a student at Keweenaw Bay Ojibwa Community College (KBOCC)
- An Introduction to the support services provided to students at KBOCC.
- Information on certificate programs and Associate Degree requirements
- Tips on how to be successful in college
- An introduction to Student Life and Activities
- Information on important policies governing student conduct and rights
Orientation is MANDATORY for all new students at KBOCC. Please remember to certify your completion to fulfill this requirement.
Online orientation will take about one hour of your time but can be completed in more than one visit. Computers are available in the Computer Lab to complete the online orientation.
To Begin Go To:
New Student Online Orientation - An invitation link will be sent to your KBOCC.edu email a week prior to classes starting. You must have already applied to the college to participate in the Online Orientation as a new student to KBOCC. A Canvas account has already been created. You will need to accept a course invitation before you can login. Please see instructions for logging in here. Your login and password is the same as your email credentials.
New Student Handbook/College Catalog:
KBOCC publishes a Student Handbook and College Catalog that is available online. The handbook provides additional information about the areas in the New Student Online Orientation. You may view the online version by following the link below.